Sunday, August 22, 2010

Projects


This summer I have been working on a couple of different projects. One I actually finished towards the beginning of the summer...
This is a Christmas stocking I made for a future child. (Alden already has his) My Grandma made all of us stockings like this, so I wanted to continue the tradition and make them for my children. (We will see how I do at this because this one took me forever, they are a lot more work then I thought.)


The other project is I have been trying to illustrate a children's book that I wrote. I am almost done but still have a couple more paintings to go. These are a couple of the paintings from the book. This is another project that has taken me longer than expected, but I have enjoyed it. I am thinking that I should stop thinking of more projects, I have one last one that I already have in the works and that is to make a quiet book, but after that I think I will be done for a while.



3 comments:

  1. That is so impressive! The stocking is beautiful, and that is a great tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cousin just made a stocking like that and said it was harder than she thought too. I love the paintings - so beautiful - hopefully you will let us read it sometime when you get it finished!

    ReplyDelete