Thursday, September 18, 2014

Ward Campout


I didn't take many pictures, but I wanted to document that we made it to our ward campout this year.  The boys absolutely loved it! They loved being outside the whole day and having a bunch of friends surrounding them to play with.
Calvin liked it but when it came close to bed time he like me would prefer to just sleep in his own bed.  As the evening approached I had him walk back to the car with me to get some things for dinner as we did he goes, "time to go home? I want to go to Mommies house"(He often refers to our home as Mommies house.) "No Calvin, we are just going to the car to get some things, we are going to sleep in the tent that we set up earlier.  Wont that be fun!"  "No I want to sleep my bed ."
At the time he was almost in tears at the idea that we were not going to go home but after we came back and had dinner together he was happy and started playing with everyone again.
It was a great camping trip..the only thing that would have made it better would to have been able to see Michael a little bit more..he got the camp site just as we were going to bed and had to leave before we woke up in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Um...you're amazing to camp with three little kids almost completely alone!

    ReplyDelete