Monday, April 4, 2016

Evan!!

 Our Sweet Evan Park
7lbs 15oz and 20 in 


Evan is one loved little boy. Alden, Calvin and Benson were all so excited to see him.  Alden had made Evan a present with stuffed animals and books that he had written and a really nice card that said, "I love you so so so so so so so...much".  Calvin came hurrying in and wanted to hold little Evan right away.  As he held him he said, "He is so cute, he is so cute, I love you, I love you".  Throughout the visit he kept coming back asking if he could hold him.  Benson who is scared of all medical things was scared when he came in and wouldn't even come to me, after a little while he came up excitedly to look at an hold Evan.




 Grandma and Grandpa got here just in time for Evan's arrival.  It was nice knowing the boys were being well taken care of at home.

Evan's birth story:  In the morning I had done preschool, then drove to Mesa to get my Mom and Dad, as soon as we got home I had to go off to a doctors apt.  At my doctors appointment they put me on a monitor to make sure the baby was okay since I was past my due date.  When the nurse came in she said, "my guess is that we will be sending you to the hospital". The doctor checked me and said you are dilated to a 4 and the monitor had said I was having contractions every 3 minutes so he wanted me to go straight to the hospital.  (I on the other hand wasn't too excited about this because earlier that week I had gone to the hospital with contractions 3-5 min a part for a number of hours but didn't progress at all.) But he called in and said that they were waiting for me at the hospital.  Michael met me at home, we grabbed our bags and left.  Around 7 at night they got me on the monitors and monitored my contractions while giving me the antibiotic since I was strep b positive. Contractions were consistent but not painful at all and not really making me progress. Around 10:30 or 11 they started me on pitocin.  Then around 11:30 the doctor came in and checked me I was dilated to about a 6 and then he broke my water.  Around 12 contractions were really strong and by 12:15 I asked the nurse to check me she said I was still only like a 7, but she stayed in the room then sent for the doctor around 12:30 who checked me and said I was a 9 but was still really high up, but then I started pushing and he goes oh and there is the babies head.  He was then born at 12:34 a.m.   When his Uncle Jon heard this he said, it sounds as though he will be a good mathematician 1234! :)

Evan's Name:  One of the reasons we chose the name Evan is because it is the welsh form of the name Jon.  Jon is Michael's brother who brought us together! Also it was the only name I saw was on both of our lists.  I hadn't remembered putting it on my list of names but saw it on Michael's and then realized that it was on mine too.  Also while we were trying to decide a name I found that a number of times at church on Sunday we sung songs that were written by someone with the name of Evan or Evans. Park comes from Michael's grandfather.  We are all so excited to have sweet little Evan with us!




3 comments:

  1. Oh so fun! Cutest little Evan! Congratulations to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!! What a sweet baby! I'm glad everything went well. What perfect timing with your parents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!! What a sweet baby! I'm glad everything went well. What perfect timing with your parents!!!

    ReplyDelete