Saturday, February 10, 2018

End of October

Balloon Festival in New Mexico


Michael had looked into this balloon festival some time ago and had talked about going.  One day we started looking into a couple of things during fall break and realized that it was the same week and decided to make a quick trip to go see it. It worked out great.  We left early one day went to a beautiful canyon near the area, to do a small hike, then spent the night and went to the festival the next morning and headed home.  It was a quick trip but was just right for Michael to just take one day off and for us to have a little adventure during fall break. (During fall break I don't teach any preschool and I have a group piano lesson the Saturday before to replace all piano lessons for the week which makes for  a nice full week without other commitments.)





Visiting the Wildlife Museum.  This year that is where we have a pass.  They have done a number of fun activities that we have been able to enjoy.  One day they had a special day on tigers and the boys got to make these masks.  They really enjoyed wearing them around!



Pumpkin Patch.  I don't know if we will keep up this tradition but we have now gone to the pumpkin patch for three years in a row.  We enjoy having a the whole afternoon together, riding the little rides, doing the corn maze, watching the pig races, picking out pumpkins, and going to the petting zoo.  We also love the apples they sale for 50 cents a pound.  We buy a lot and eat them and make big batches of applesauce.





One Thursday in October was going to the pumpkin patch and then the following we did our Halloween party at home with pumpkin carving, seed roasting and watching "Black Beards Ghost".  It was a fun night!
Cute Sunday Boys!



I love fall and think it is fun to surprise my boys in some way on holidays. I started doing this special Halloween morning a couple years ago when they woke up to find a cat in their room, this year I was a witch.  My boys are started to catch on to the fact that I dress up every year and give them a little bit of a fright when they see me in the morning so now I have to usually jump out at them when they come down to get the same reaction.  It makes for a fun morning though.  This is also one of my favorite breakfasts of the year because it is the food that I think we should probably be having most mornings but not everyone agrees with me but since it is disguised as Halloween treats everyone loves it! Pumpkins, ghosts, and goblins/ spiders for breakfast at this house on Halloween.




Everyone all dressed up and ready to go trick or treating!






No comments:

Post a Comment