Sunday, August 9, 2020

May

Grandma and Grandpa wanted to get us something for our new home and suggested a grill. We loved our grill in Tucson so it was nice to get one for our home here.  It took us a while to decide on one but we love the one we got.  I think I like it even more than our Tucson one. This was our first cook out with our grill.

Our primary president encouraged us to learn the new proclamation to the world.  She suggested learning a line each week and having our kids draw something to represent those lines.  We were a little behind so we split our paper in four pieces and did the first four sentences. These three did great drawings, I love learning from them.

Lately the kids have really liked putting music in the CD player and dancing all around the school room.  They especially like jumping off the tables. 
Evan has done really well learning how to switch to a pedal bike. He was pedaling and doing well his first time we practiced on it.  Within a number of weeks he got it down enough to start on his own as well and now loves to ride his bike.
Roslyn is one blessed little girl, she has four big brothers who love to play with her and pamper her.
We ordered these and were a little nervous when they showed up like this.  They are the Hardy Hibiscus plant.  Michael and I love Hibiscus flowers but don't like how here in Texas they are hard to keep alive through the winter these should last and they really took off and are looking good.
Saturday night movie night. Sometimes I like watching these five watch the movie more than I like watching the movie itself.  

Roslyn is definitely my little girl.  Even though she is surrounded by boys she is still so girly.  She loves pink, loves to get her hair and nails done.  She only wants to wear her "pretty shoes" and when she puts on her panties or underwear she always has to find the pretty bow before she puts them on.  Above are her little stuffed animals that she takes care of.  (Many have ended up with bandaids on them.) This particular day I had walked in to see her reading stories to them and then tucking them into bed.  It is so fun to see her sweet little way of doing things. Below is her reading stories.  She goes through and will actually say what is going on based on the pictures and will sit for hours reading/ looking at books. (Sometimes she will have a large pile. One time I asked if I could read one to her, she turned to me and said, "I am not finished". She wanted to finish her large pile of books before she had me read to her.) 

We always love having people come visit! So nice to have Michael's aunt and uncle, and his cousin with his wife come visit.  They came just before his cousin's Greg big move from Texas to South Carolina.  Were glad they made a point to visit us before they left the area.

My mom sent me some money for Mother's Day. It really should be my day to honor her but she always like to do something for me as well on that day.  With the money I bought this stand for this plant I have in our music room.  I wanted it to be a little more higher up and have really enjoyed both the plant and stand.
Now that Evan is using the pedal bike that has left the balance bike for Roslyn to ride and she has really taken to it.  She loves to go around riding on that bike.
Roslyn reading stories to her dolls and stuffed animals.
Visitors! Everyone loved having the cousins come visit.  They played lots of games and just had a good time being here around the house.  With COVID there really wasn't many places to go visit, but it made for a really nice time to be here and just play.  We are grateful that they could come, it was nice to have some company here at our home.




I finished these just about the same time we had the cousins over.  In this picture they weren't completed all of the way...they don't have the doors on them.  Michael and I have had different night stands for our whole marriage.  One someone had given us for free and the other was one that I made in high school.  My mom suggested if I had a little larger one, I wouldn't have to have all of my projects on the side of my night stand but in it.  Since then I started looking for some and never really found one I liked but I did find a plan to make one that I liked. This was just after we emptied our other nightstands, hence all of the stuff all over our beds but I was excited to get the new ones in.  Nice to have them matching and it is nice that all of my projects, scriptures, purse, church bag, and other things fit inside. 




Sprinklers! Usually our library does a summer reading program but with the virus I wasn't sure if it was going to happen so I decided to do our own summer reading program for the month of May.  Each week if the boys had read so much we got some sort of thing for the summer.  One week it was sprinklers, so that they could run in the sprinklers, we also put out plastic to make a slip in slide which they really enjoyed. They also earned a kick ball and a badmitten set. Nice to have a few fun things for this summer were we are mostly stuck at home and don't have our pool which was our main source of entertainment in the past summers.
These are the finished night stands. Michael did have to help me make the hardware for the barn doors, I tried a couple of different things but ended up using wheels that are used in garages for the wheels and they seem to work great. We've really liked them so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment