Monday, September 13, 2010

Aldi's

When I moved out here to the south about a year ago, I was introduced to a new store, called Aldi. At first I didn't think much of it, but I have grown to absolutely love this store.. my reasons why..

1. Things are usually cheaper then at other stores.
2. It is a small store so I can get in and out fast (Which is really helpful now because I can't keep Alden in a shopping cart... anybody have any tips on this, he can even wiggle out of the seatbelt ones)
3. I would say about 85% of the time I see someone from my ward there and the other 15% of the time I inevitably meet someone new. (Last time I was there a nice little old lady in the line gave me a back massage, where can you go and get back massages while waiting in line... I guess this lady does this for people in the line at Aldi's most of the time when she comes in.)

Well those are my reasonings, but the back massage totally made Aldi's go off the charts as my favorite store.

4 comments:

  1. We have Aldi in WV too and I love it. I also run into ward members all the time. It's an interesting little store. I love the good deals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be a little creeped out getting a back massage from a stranger, but I guess you pay to get back massages from strangers all the time - this one was just free :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never gotten a back massage in line before! As for keeping them in the cart, does it help to have a snack, or a small toy for him to play with? How about some small picture cards of things you are buying. Maybe he will start to notice you buy certain things... I know he is young, but ti still might help.

    ReplyDelete