Thursday, September 16, 2010

At home, sick

Yesterday at the end of one of my lessons, Alden was acting really sleepy and was a little warm. I rocked him, and he kept going in and out of sleep. I tried to take his temperature but that just made him really mad.
I had another lesson a couple hours later and took him to a friend next door so she could hold him while he went in and out of sleep for the 30 min lesson.
In the middle of the lesson she came running in with Alden, he was in the middle of a seizure. We took him to the emergency room where he was laying limp and lifeless in my arms. When I got to the desk he started vomiting. Anyways they rushed us straight back.
Today we are at home, sick. Alden has a fever but it doing better. I am hoping it is some 24 hour bug. That means only a few more hours... we will see.

10 comments:

  1. Poor Alden! I heard yesterday that he wasn't feeling well. What a scary situation and hopefully he feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How scary! I am glad he is ok. I hope he is doing better soon! Poor of you hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor guy. I hope you are all feeling OK. I can only imagine how scary it would be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SCARY! I hope he gets feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard last night he'd had one. So sorry! Gracin Williamson had one as well just on Tuesday. I hope he's doing better today. Let us know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. we are praying for our little Alden

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry! I hope his fever is getting under control. Gracin had a seizure Tuesday. We are there with ya. We are thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Alden and you guys! Glad it was just a one time thing and that he is feeling better. Hope it never happens again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! I'm so sorry, that is scary! I hope he gets better soon! Don't worry about responding about conference weekend right away--take your time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope he is feeling better! That is so scary! If you need anything let me know PLEASE I am after all your Visiting Teacher

    ReplyDelete