Saturday, October 4, 2014

Museum of Miniatures

The Museum of Miniatures was free the month of September.  It was a museum that I thought would be interesting but was not on the top of my to visit places but since it was free we definitely took advantage of the opportunity to go.  I am glad we did, it was neat seeing all of the detail that was put into this miniature homes, rooms, towns, scenes, ext.  The boys favorite was the Christmas room.
This one was fun for Benson as well.  He had fun crawling all over the Christmas scene below him.  The one thing that was hard with this museum was most of the exhibits were too high for the kids to see and you really have to be at eye level to enjoy them.  Towards the end Michael and I were discussing things they could do to fix the problem when we saw a number of children come by with stools that collapse.  I guess we missed that at the beginning somewhere, the kids just need to carry a stepping stool with them.  We just had our boys take turns being lifted to where they could see.  This Christmas exhibit was nice because everything was at their level.

Calvin especially loved the little trains in the Christmas town.
Seeing all of the details in all of the homes made me want to add more detail to our own home.  The next day we put up our fall decorations and bought some fun Fall place mats.  It really made me think of how we need to enjoy all of these short moments in life.  Each exhibit captured a small moment and they were all so beautiful.  It made me want to make and cherish all of those small moments here in my home.  All in all it was a worth while activity! 


No comments:

Post a Comment