Sunday, June 6, 2021

February

 


Evan needed to dry a dish but didn't want to move the stool so I found him like this on the counter drying his dish.  I will admit I was a bit scared but was amazed at his balancing skills.

3 month old sweet little girl. Everyone still loves being with Maebryn.  Evan especially is first one to fun in as soon as she wakes up and is with her anytime she makes a peep.  One morning he pretended to be asleep in our room when Maebryn slept in just so he could be the first to see her when she woke up. 

Story time at night with Daddy. I am happy to say that story time is something we have been really good at lately.  There was a short season, possibly at our rental home before this where we just missed a lot of days and I remember thinking one day, "When was the last time I read them a story?" I'm glad we are back to reading stories at least once a day.
Uncle Andrew made this little Ms. Koala for Roslyn.  She loves it and has taken it to bed with her every night since then.

Valentines! Sometimes I think I get more excited for holidays than my kids do. I love trying to make them just a little special, it really doesn't have to be much but they seem to love the little things just as much or almost just as much as I love doing them.

This Valentines they each got a little wooden thing from the dollar store to paint, this was us painting our little things.

I love watching sleeping babies, especially when they are on me, the best naps are naps with a little one napping on you.  At least they are for me because I feel like it is a productive nap...because I am doing two things at once, keeping a child napping and resting myself. :)

My girls in matching dresses.  It has been fun to put them in matching outfits from time to time. I love my boys and everything about them, but I am also grateful to have two sweet little girls to share girly things with. They are both so sweet and bring so much joy into our home.


Texas Winter Storm. In some ways we really had it easy in others this was a really really difficult week. We lost both power and water on Monday, I spent some time at a friends house with the kids while Michael prepared fire wood so we could all find some warmth at home. Tuesday I felt like a pioneer women heating up things on the fire to wash dishes with very tiny amounts of water, cooking things for us to eat and a whole other list of things I never pictured doing here in Texas. I started planning to be like this for possibly the whole week and getting everything under control in my mind. Tuesday night was when I lost it. Tuesday had been a long hard cold day but I was getting used to it when right as we were going to sleep on the coldest night Texas has seen for over a decade I believe, we were colder then Alaska at the time, it was cold, anyways right as we were going to bed Michael got a call saying water was flowing out of the office.  He left and spent most of the night getting water out of the office. I was at home trying to keep the fire going, he called at one point saying how he really could use my help, I reminded him of the situation, freezing powerless, waterless house with all of the kids sleeping bundled around a fire. He agreed that I couldn't leave. Also the next day was suppose to be a doctors apt for Michael that we had been waiting months for, that I was praying wouldn't be cancelled. It was a hard night but as always everything worked out and really all of it ended up being a blessing in the end. Michael had his doctors apt and all was fine there, the flood got cleaned up and insurance helped pay for loses there, and the next week Texas was warm, like spring and we had power and water again.  How wonderful was that first warm bath! I have a new appreciation for both power and water. We also learned that Michael can take off work more to be with us, which was a good lesson to learn, since he wasn't working he was here for the important moments and we both realized how important that was and is. Hard things bring good things. 





I have tons of flood pictures on my phone I didn't really want to post them, but I figured I would put up a couple of pictures of things we were going through just for memory sake.

1st bath after the power outage, they were excited about a bath as well, we made it even better with bubbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment