Saturday, November 1, 2014

Halloween

These pictures were taken the week before Halloween.  There were a number of activities that day.  We decided to go to Barns and Noble at non where they gave Alden and Calvin each a box of these connecting toys and then they played with the trains in the kid section.  We then went to Bookmans to see a magic show.  The boys loved the show.  The magician did a trick where he lit a stuffed animal bunny on fire and then turned it into a real bunny.  Alden was so excited to go home and light all of his stuffed animal bunnies on fire! He was sure he could turn them into real bunnies.  Luck-ally he was able to reason with me that it wasn't a good idea.

These three pictures are just a few random pictures from the week. Benson has just figured out the stairs and enjoys practicing.  Below the boys are riding a little merry go round outside the store we often shop at.  Alden used some of his Lemonade stand money so they could ride. (Alden thinks he is rich and will often tell people how he has lots of money, and if I ever say something costs too much money at the store, he will say it's okay Mom, I'll give you my money.)





(Above) Calvin and I went to the Halloween story time at the library.  It was just the two of us because it was Michael's day off.  It is always nice to go on a special outing with just one boy at a time.





Halloween morning! It is always fun when I can get things together enough to make a fun special meal. We woke up to eat pumpkins, ghosts, and spiders! Also I thought it would be fun to be dressed up when they came down stairs...couldn't think of anything until that morning.  Dressed in all black, put a ribbon tail on, and painted my face.  It was all so worth it.  Alden came down and I jumped out slowly so I wouldn't scare him too much, he did a little jump and then sat there looking at me for a long time then he started to ask how I got the stuff on my face, what I was doing, something about school.....etc. (Alden always has lots of questions these days.)  Calvin was on the stairs when Alden was coming down so he didn't get such a scare.  But I think I scared Michael a little bit too when he came down.  It was fun to make it just a little more special of a day! :)

Benson and I were buddies at home handing out candy!



















These last couple of pictures were actually taken a day later.  I realized I never got a picture of my two supermans together so I had them get there outfits on again so I could get a picture.  I'd also forgotten to get one of Benson dressed up. (Benson was originally a skeleton but he had a blowout diaper on that outfit, luck-ally we had this back up pumpkin outfit for him. He didn't like it very much so we only left it on him while we were trick or treating that is why he doesn't have it on in any of the pictures taken on Halloween.)

No comments:

Post a Comment