Friday, September 4, 2015

Calvin's birthday!

 This was the day before Calvin's birthday. I had the boys get on their matching birthday shirts one last time!  This is us in the morning during school. I decided to homeschooling Alden this year. I'm glad I did! It has been a lot of fun, it's especially fun to see how much Benson gets into it. He sure is a little cutie!
As for Alden I am glad we are doing homeschooling because it allows him more play time, being a young 1st grader I'm glad he gets that.  Also it's given me more time to work with him and already he is reading a lot better!
 Three handsome boys! It's fun to watch them learn and grow but also crazy how fast it all happens!

 We started Calvin's birthday celebration the night before his birthday. We knew that the night of was going to be full of a few different things and that Austen would be heading back home so we decided to start celebrating early.
Calvin's big gift was receiving a new bike. (Really it's Alden's old bike but we fixed it up and put training wheels on it and he couldn't have been happier!)
Having pettles really was a new experience and did take some getting used to but Calvin just kept on trying and now his doing quite well with his pettles!
Fun to see him work so hard for this new skill!
 The day before Calvin's birthday I put up the streamers and had balloons ready since we did a lot of the celebrating that day. It was fun to see him come downstairs, so excited to see everything and so excited for his big day!
 The morning of his birthday he opened the last couple gifts. Here he is wearing his 4 yr old shirt, he's been waiting a long time to put on that shirt! I still have a hard time believing my sweet little Calvin is 4 yrs old.
 The day of Calvin's birthday we threw both him and Alden a birthday party. Alden and Calvin are friends with many of the same people and since their birthdays are back to back we decided it would be easiest to do a combined party.
It was things that fly themed. Alden and Calvin are big into making paper airplanes. I am constantly finding paper airplanes everywhere. (It brings back many fond memories of teaching Jr high.. those kids also loved making paper airplay. ;)
Anyways so that is what we did, they colored paper then made their paper airplane. We then played pin the airplane on the runway. After that we took a break for cake and ice cream.
(We did a no gift party which I kind of enjoyed. Mostly we chose to do this because the party was for both Alden and Calvin which would be too much in the way of gifts. I was surprised at how much the boys were for it, they were just excited to have a party and have all their friends over, which is the best part of a party anyways.)


 After cake and ice cream everyone got a rocket and we practiced shooting them and then had contest shooting them off the top of the stairs. Everything turned out really well. It seemed like everyone had a good time and the birthday boys couldn't have been happier!
I have to admit I think I look forward to their birthdays just as much as they do. It is such a joy to see the excitement on their faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment