Friday, September 25, 2015

Projects and wonderful kids

 This is a painting I have been working on when I get a minute. When I first moved here to the desert, all I saw was a brown landscape.
Just after we moved here we would often visit the desert museum. While there we once saw a couple from Switzerland, they were talking to one of the workers. The worker was talking about some of the vegetation and proceeded to tell them that this was some of the most beautiful landscape that they would see in this country.
At that moment I realized that I was either looking at a different landscape or that she saw something in it that I didn't. From then on out I began to find the beauties. First the only thing I liked was the purple prickly pear, because at least it added color. Anyways as I've lived and walked in this landscape now for a couple of years I find it absolutely beautiful and full of suttle vibrant colors all around. I wanted to capture a little bit of what I see. That is why I decided to do a painting.

This is another recent project. I made this wreath out of our Christmas tree. Originally I was determined to not spend a penny on it and made it a Valentines wreath with things around the house. (Needless to say it didn't look so great.) With fall here I wanted to put something on the door and decided to give the wreath another try this time I spent just a couple dollars on flowers from the dollar store. I think the couple dollars was worth it, because I like this wreath much more than the previous one.

As far as the wonderful kids goes...
I will often ask them what they think of different things I do around the house and especially decorations. (It's nice to have someone else say, yes that looks good or no Mom that doesn't work.)
When I made the wreath, Calvin came over and said, " Mommy that is beautiful! ". Then just sat by me to look at it for a little while.

When I hung up the painting, I asked the boys what they thought. Alden took a big gasp of air and said, " that looks perfect! "

My sweet little boys can often change a hard day to something great! So grateful for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment