Wednesday, January 4, 2017

New home!! (and Halloween)

In the end of October we found a home and started on the journey to become home owners. Everything happened a lot faster than we had thought and went really smooth.  It was a great first home buying experience. We got the keys on a day that Michael had to work so we went over really quickly during his lunch break. Below is him carrying me over the threshold.


We have grass!! And we love it, the boys play outside daily on it and I love that I can even put Evan down for a minute on the grass!


The pool is cool but we did do one swim before I it got too cold to go swimming. I am sure we will get a lot of use out of it in the summer. We have had a lot to learn so that we are taking good care of it...but I think we finally have at least the basics figured out.

Everything about this home and the buying process has been miracle after miracle.  We have felt very blessed and have seen and felt the Lord's hand helping and blessing us through it all.
We moved in one week after we signed the papers. We got everything out and into our new home by the afternoon and then got the beds up so we could sleep in our home that night.  The boys have been excited and done really well with the move.  The only one who had a little bit of a hard time was Benson.  The first night...and a number of nights after that Benson would ask to go home. We would say, "Benson we are home. This is our new home." Benson would respond, "No this is a house, I want to go home, this is the parrot house not home."  We have a little parrot that hangs from the ceiling that the people before left for us and that we love. The other boys couldn't have been more excited about everything.
Just a few days after moving in was Halloween! We had fun sorting out all of the candy and graphing it on our graphs.
Alden made a house with all of the sticky candy. (I am not a fan of the sticky pure sugar candy so instead of eating it I have them use it for sculptures or building something.) Benson got away with eating a bunch of his this year though, I'll have to toughen up for next year. Since he can't eat most of the candy because of allergies I've let him have the sticky stuff...but I think he probably ended up eating more candy then any of his brothers this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment