Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Roslyn

Our sweet little baby girl.  So she held on and got her own birthday.  On Evan's birthday after we put the kids to bed. Michael and I went for a special birthday walk with Evan.  It was the most beautiful night and yes there was a nice big full moon! During our walk my contractions were every 7 minutes or so but not painful.  (Partly our walk was because I did want the contractions to keep coming.) We went home and I went to bed watching the clock so I could follow how far apart the contractions were.  I slept well but around 10:30 woke up to stronger contractions, I went in and out of sleep but by 11:30 the contractions were a little stronger, so I watched through a few thinking if she just waited a little longer she'd get her own special day.  Right around midnight I decided to wake Michael up. we got everything ready to go and went to the hospital. They took me right back and checked me, and said I was a 7 and then said they would take me back. Contractions were definitely strong at this point but my water hadn't broken so they were manageable. As we were going back I kept saying I needed to go to the bathroom and then when we got to the room I asked the lady to get the doctor she then checked me, she said I was a 9 and still had further to go. I again asked her to go get the doctor and she said if it would make me feel better she would.  That's when I realized that the contractions were different at this point...they were pushing contractions. I realized that between contractions I felt great and could totally talk but the contractions itself were not fun...they were so different that I knew they were for pushing. I then decided that the next one I would push which I did, my water broke, probably was at 1:00 when my water broke and 5 min later the next contraction came and I pushed Roslyn out.  The doctor walked in just in time to catch her. She was born at 1:05 am.
She seemed so alert from the moment I held her, she just looked up at me and when she heard Daddy's voice she turned to look in his direction. Such a sweet little girl. I just loved being able to hold and her. (The nurse took her from me about 5 minutes after she was born and I was so upset, I almost walked right over and grabbed her back, I kept asking the nurse to bring her back but they just kept doing all of the things they have to do. The hospital where Evan was born, the nurses don't touch your baby until you have held them for at least an hour or two, so I guess I was just surprised to have her taken so quickly. They gave her back after about 10 min and then I got to hold her for quite a while.)

In the past we have always stayed the whole 48 hours at the hospital.  She was the first that I only stayed the 24 hours which was wonderful.  I was so grateful to be back home and to be home in time for Easter.  This is us just before leaving the hospital.







Back at home going for a little walk around the backyard. I believe this was Easter Sunday.









No comments:

Post a Comment