Sunday, June 1, 2014

market on the move

 Every Saturday here in Tucson you can go to some location and get 60 lbs of produce for $10. It is an amazing deal and we go quite frequently. My boys love it because they get to help fill up our box, pay, and push the stroller. ( were the grocery store they don't get to do as much)
You can get as much as you want of whatever they have. This last one there wasn't much variety so I came home with 8 honeydew melon and lots of acorn squash. It is a fun challenge for me figuring out what to make with the different things we get. Above the boys are eating acorn squash ravioli. They loved it, definitely a first time but probably not the last making that.
The market moves hence its name market on the move. This last one took us by the mall so we stopped by to play at the play place. That's what the picture above is.
Last night for dinner I didn't take a picture but I should have. I was excited that we had a bunch of different things on our plates because normally other than our salad we just have one thing I've made. We were having spaghetti squash with sauce, acorn squash, and yellow squash with cheese. Anyways when I served it up all the "different things" I found myself saying here is some squash and more squash and more squash. So much for all the variety. But that is what happens sometimes when we try to eat everything from market on the move.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds awesome! I wish I could get that kind of a deal on produce!! With our plant-based diet we go through soooooo much produce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That's great! Do you eat meat at all, Natasha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all your comments. I am always amazed how you manage to keep up with all that you do. You've made my day many days with your kind comments. We do eat some meat, the acorn squash we had that night was stuffed with an Italian meat sauce.

      Delete