Thursday, September 5, 2019

March


The desert is blooming and it is beautiful! I love all of the purples, reds, oranges, and pinks.  The desert really has so much color and life.



This Kale plant popped up on it's own.  I must have dropped a seed in this pot while planting kale in the garden at one point. I always love it when fun plants that I like just pop up unexpectedly.  I caught Roslyn picking and eating it, she is at the stage she likes to put things in her mouth, I was about to stop her but then realized that this was one of those times I could let her snack on the nature around her! :)


This is another plant that came up on it's own and that I have just let grow. It is a bit of a different flower but it fun to see and have around.
These two love the sandbox! This was one of those days where we finally had all of the trucks put away in the sand box and I realized there was a reason they are never all in there.  We have too many and they don't all fit.
Every month Michael and I go on a special date with one of our kids.  This was mine with Evan.  Really it was just a grocery shopping trip, we just made it special by riding on one of the rides! :) (Our dates usually are just simple outings where we can have one on one time.)
Pi Day! The bishop in our ward has encouraged activities where we can get to know our neighbors better. Michael and I through this idea out there last year about getting everyone together for Pi day but it was right before Roslyn's due date so it just wasn't good timing.  This year we did it and it worked at well.  A little stressful for me...Michael worked late and then had an appointment after work so it was just me and the kids. I was worried about having the pies made, the house clean, the kids dressed and happy, ect.  But it all worked out, it was fun to have some of the neighbors over and to visit with them.
One of my neighbors brought me these beautiful flowers.  They are some of my favorite flowers, it was so nice and thoughtful of her. We really do have some great neighbors.


New table! Michael and I have been talking about getting a new table for some time. The old one didn't quite latch, we think if it had the second leaf it would, or if we didn't put any leaves in then it would.  We found that we needed it to be a little larger then it was without the leaf, but then that left a gap.  The chairs were also well used...if I was crafty I am sure I could redue them somehow.  The other reason we retired the table was our space is small and it was big.  I wanted a narrower table, and chairs that fold or stack and can be wiped up easily.  Originally I wanted us to make it but as we talked about it we decided self storing leaves would be nice and building a table with leaves, and ones that self store seemed tricky so we just found one.  It is a couple of inches narrower and can grow to be quite a big table.



Evan's birthday! He is our big 3 year old. He brings us so much joy! He is almost always happy and full of excitement. Evan had asked for a chocolate strawberry cake, and one of my favorite memories of this day was when he sat down to eat his cake, he gave the most sincere "thank you, Mommy" which just made my heart melt. I don't know what it was about that thank you but it was the sweetest little thank you.  He sure is a sweet little guy.


Our big one year old!! She is sure a cutie and we can't get enough of her.  When I went to visit my sister she mentioned how Roslyn has her own little fan club, and it's true we all love watching her make every step, say every word.  Everyone loves to hold her, play with her and just be with her. It's hard to believe she is one year old.

After taking this picture out on the driveway we realized that only Benson and Alden weren't wearing their birthday shirts, so I had them put them on and then took pictures with them all. Right now everyone goes by 2's we have a 1 year old, 3 year old, 5 year old, 7, and 9 year old.











The super bloom in California. On Roslyn's actual birthday we went to the Joshua Tree National Forest.  It was the time of the super bloom and it was neat to see all of the flowers.  The best part of it was that not only were their flowers their at the park but our entire drive was full of fun desert flowers. Michael was touring a practice near the national park.  Everything was beautiful and the practice was great but it wasn't right.  We both new it that night even though I did love the town but especially by morning we both knew this was not where we were suppose to be.


This was a beautiful and fun park, near the middle of town.





















On Roslyn's real birthday we were out of town so we celebrated when we got back in town. I love the simplicity of 1st birthday's.  I have done a number of different things for 1st birthday cakes but for Roslyn I decided to do berry cupcakes...well really just berries in little cupcake containers. It was perfect, she loved it and really we all did and I loved all the bright fun colors of the different berries and of course it was healthy! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment