Friday, January 28, 2011

Thank you "Guys and Dolls"

This morning Michael had a little extra time so I suggested we could do our scripture reading in the morning.... then I realized we hadn't read yesterday and worse than that I hadn't read either. Yesterday was the most wonderful day, I got so much done, I thought of my Savior and his Atonement often throughout the day and how many great blessing that brings to me. I listened to church music, cleaned out the Ensigns, but how could forget to read!
I made a promise with someone years ago that I would not miss a day of reading or at least listening to scripture and I have kept that promise, that was over 5 years ago. It made me sad to realize I had broken that promise but then remembered, Michael was gone last night so I got a musical to watch. (I love musicals, sometimes I wish life was a musical, it sure would make it more interesting to have people breaking out into song every now and again.) But Guy's and Dolls quotes Isaiah and Matthew!!! I didn't read but at least I did listen to some scripture yesterday! Thank you Guy's and Dolls for helping me not break a promise.

2 comments:

  1. That is too funny! They say it takes 30 days to build a habit and only 1 day to break it! Scary, huh? I think it totally counts.... that way you haven't lost the habit ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful! I'm so glad that you were able to keep your promise!!

    ReplyDelete