Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Mother's day

Mother's Day was a wonderful day! Both David and Andrew left early in the morning on Mother's Day, so Michael was gone in the morning because he was up in Phoenix dropping them off at the airport.

Alden and Calvin came in early to see me, I explained to them that on Mother's Day mommy's get to sleep in.  They did a great job letting me sleep in.  When I did come down stairs I saw that they had gotten out, eaten, and cleaned up breakfast all on their own!! (Usually on Sunday's they get breakfast on their own but they don't always clean it all up on their own, so that was really nice!)

I came down to find three vases full of lovely flowers Michael had made for me! Then the boys had me sit down and they got my breakfast for me, and cleaned up my dishes for me.  (I have taught them so they know that on Mommy's special days...Mother's Day, Birthday, etc they do Mommy's job. It is so fun to see them step up and do so much.  Sometimes I forget how much they really are able to do.)

Both boys had made me cards, which is another one of my favorite things.  Calvin gave me my card a couple of different times each time he gave it to me he would give me a big hug and a kiss.  Alden always gives me the sweetest cards.  He had a couple of different cards that he had done all by himself. He had written I love you a bunch of times and then in his own spelling he wrote, "I will help you with everything".  Then he put three dollars in one of the cards and one dollar in the other, which is most of his lemonade stand money that he has earned.  He is a very generous and loving boy as they all are.  They amaze me with their generosity and love.

I am incredibly grateful to be the mother of these three sweet little boys!



2 comments:

  1. Fun to read about this special Mother's day for a special mother! You have taught these cute boys well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to read about this special Mother's day for a special mother! You have taught these cute boys well.

    ReplyDelete