Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Uncle Andrew comes to visit!

We had wanted to get Andrew out to Tucson sometime this summer so when we decided to make the trip for graduation Mom said she would get Andrew a ticket on our flight coming home, that way he could help with the boys.  It did make the coming home trip much nicer.  I sat with Benson, and he sat across the isle with Alden and Calvin.  Benson slept the whole way as did Calvin, so Andrew was able to sit and do all of the homework we hadn't done with Alden.
The first week Andrew was here was a just a nice relaxing week.  The picture at the top is a lake that we go fishing on every now and again.  We went there a couple of times with Andrew.  We were really hoping we would catch a fish, because he know how to gut a fish and we are all clueless in the matter. I guess whenever we do catch our fish we will just have to rely on youtube to help us with that.
We also visited the Children's Museum satellite location. It was fun and good but nothing compared to the Children's Museum.  Benson's favorite section was the arts and craft area.  He loves to write, so it was fun for him to have markers, crayons, pencils, and a number of different medians for him to write on.  He loved it!


Benson in his favorite spot again! I need to change out the sand box so he can play in it, because I think that would be his real favorite spot if he was allowed in it.  (Right now it is really a wheat box.  At first I thought this was great because it made a use for the wheat I could no longer eat and since Benson put everything in his mouth, I thought great now when he puts it in his mouth at least he is putting food in his mouth. Now knowing that wheat is something he is allergic to, I mostly just avoid having him go in there.  Last week I let him in there, ran inside for a second and came outside to see Calvin handing Benson a hand full of wheat and Benson taking it as though it were food right up to his mouth. Now it is off limits for Benson and I really just need to change it out for sand because he would love it.)

The day we went to get David from the airport, I went to the temple while Andrew watched the kids.  I came out to see them picking fruit.  This is a new tradition that the boys love.  We always pick fruit around the temple when we go up, the boys really enjoy it, and I think it is a memory that they will remember from the Mesa temple.

We also went swimming a number of times.  Benson is not a big fan of the water and enjoys walking around the deck while we swim.  At first I would push him to get in, but found I never got to enjoy the water myself.  Now he has fun on the deck and I get to have fun in the water.  We are both happy, hopefully as the summer goes on he will start to like the water a little more.  But for now at least he sure is a cute happy little guy walking around the deck and throwing things to us in the water.



No comments:

Post a Comment