Tuesday, September 6, 2016

August

Sunday morning boys...Alden has been really loosing a lot of teeth.  Every few weeks another one will fall out, he is getting quite a collection from the tooth fairy.  The toothfairy will often leave 4 quarters, Alden saves these quarters in a special jar.
All of the boys love Evan and love to be the one to help him, hold him..ect.  But Calvin especially is always asking to hold and love Evan.  First thing in the morning when Evan wakes up, Calvin is there talking to him, and the last thing Calvin usually asks for when he goes to bed is if Evan can come in his bed for a minute.  Anyways one day I looked down to see Calvin with his picture book up so that Evan could see it, and was sitting there telling Evan about the pictures!


Temple day!! We all love temple day.  Everyone looks forward to it every month to spend the day at the temple.  We are excited to get a temple closer here but we will miss out trips up to Mesa where we spend the day at the temple. Fun to walk out and see all of boys sitting together in a row!



4 month old, happy baby!! Evan is such a happy baby.  He is real easy going and loves to sit and talk. Whenever I am a little frustrated, tired, ect all I have to do is look at this little guy and almost every time I turn his way he gives me the biggest grin and I realize it really isn't as bad as I think.  When I have this little guy around everything seems so much better.  He is such a blessing to have around.



I took this picture because it documents us making our prickly pear lemonade! We finally harvested some prickly pear fruit! So far all we have done with it is make pink lemonade but it has been fun! The lemonade has the prickly pear juice, lemon juice from our lemon tree, peppermint leaves from our peppermint plant in the back, and some local honey to sweeten it. We all love making and eating our prickly pear lemonade!

Again our happy Evan! Evan really really loves bath time, when he even hears me turning on the water he starts smiling and kicking and then he is all smiles the whole time.  I have a hard time taking him out because he loves it so much!

Couldn't go through a summer without posting pictures of us going to the swimming pool.  We all love swimming! Alden and Calvin are great swimmers and swim all over the pool and do all sorts of tricks.  Benson has warmed up to the pool this year and will play on the steps.  When he has the goggles on I will often pull him underwater...I know I am a mean mom sometimes...but he holds his breath just fine so I think he is going to be a great swimmer to one day! (Lately I can't get him to put the goggles on any more...so I guess going under isn't his favorite thing.)



Sunday cleanup.  I love cleaning with vinegar because all of the boys can use it almost anywhere and I don't need to worry.  On Saturday's I often give each of them a spray bottle and give them an area to clean...after they do that they then just start spraying all over.  Sometimes our Saturday cleaning is more like drench the house with vinegar water but in the mist of all of it there is some cleaning getting done!

Benson got this hat in nursery and loved it! He wore it the rest of that Sunday and then asked to wear it much of the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment