Tuesday, September 6, 2016

End of Utah and coming home!

The boys always love having grandpa pull them in the wagon!
Visiting Aunt Roberta is always a treat.  She always has fresh food from her garden and always has something cooking.  The other great thing about Aunt Roberta that I noticed this time was that while we were there, many people happened to stop by, but Aunt Roberta managed to stop and visit/ play with every single one for a least a few moments.  In those moments that she was with whomever she was with she made that person feel as though they were the most important person in the whole world, she did this while she was constantly moving about cooking, getting a craft together for kids, finding something special she had for someone ect..  I hope I can be more like that some day...often I feel as though maybe I can do one of those things but can multitask like that especially when it comes to making food and when there are multiple people around.  I do hope to have a garden one day that I can pull things from and hopefully be able to make lots of yummy things that I pull from it.  I've got a lot of work to do to get to that point but that it was life is for!

Starting the journey home....
My Dad came with us yet again! I sure am a lucky and blessed to have such a wonderful father.  My Dad is not a big fan of traveling...growing up our big vacations were at most a 3-4 hour drive but he has traveled the 12 hours with us two times in this one summer.  Helping with screaming children, driving, buying us yummy food to keep all the kids happy.  It really has been a blessing and a treat to have him come home with us.  Most of all I have enjoyed having 12 hours to visit with my Dad.  He is full of so much knowledge, I love being able to learn a little from him.

Our first stop on our way home was my brothers house. The boys loved playing with the cousins!  There was even a big rainstorm which made for a fun afternoon of playing in the rain!




Evan with his little cousin that is just a week younger than him!

My Aunt Loni stopped by, it was fun to see her.  She is another remarkable women that I am amazed with.  I have no idea how she does all of the things she does!
Cousin sleepover at night!
Back at home again! It was nice this time we got to have Dad stay for a couple of days before he had to go back to the airport.  Last time we dropped him off at the airport on the way home.  It was nice to get to have him at our home for a little bit this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment